Post Graduate Program in Sports ManagementFree
About this course
Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management course will serve as an overview of business in the field of sports. The syllabus will explore the business style and development of the sports industry, current state, and future trends in the discipline through the lenses of professionals and experienced faculty from sports. Students will be introduced to the basic doctrines and principles of sports management. Through internships and live projects, students will get experience to see the theory in practice at various events and venues.
Highlights of the Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management:
- Students will be able to identify career opportunities in the sports industry including the development, particular tasks, and the career path of those opportunities.
- Through an exploration of text, guest speakers and experiential learning students will be able to articulate basic principles of sports management
- Students will have an understanding of organizing events in sports.
- Students will create a mock sports organization demonstrating an understanding of all facets of sports management, organizational management, sports events and leadership styles.
- They will undertake a live project in semester one and work on it through three semesters.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of economics as it applies to the management of sports organizations including basic economic theories and creations of budgets and balance sheets
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of Risk Management in and Sports
- Students will gain an understanding of sectorial management at macro and micro levels and be able to identify organizational theory at the professional, international, grassroots, youth, and community levels.
Program Snapshots –
- Course duration: One year
- Prerequisite: Graduate from recognized universities.
- Course delivery: 3 days a week in a classroom and 3 days of field visits.
- Contact hours: 25 hours per week.
- Internship assured.
- Placement assistance will be provided.
- Dynamic Board of studies formulated for the program