MBA in Finance in Mumbai
MBA in Finance is one of the oldest and most coveted courses across countries. It is common knowledge for established tycoons, budding entrepreneurs and everyone in between that money is the most important lifeline of a business. Here arises the need for financial management. MBA in Finance covers management, planning, controlling and reviewing of investments and monetary resources required for the growth of an industry. Read on to learn about the subject matter covered under MBA in Finance and the career and growth opportunities.
MBA in Finance
MBA in Finance in Mumbai –
Specializing in finance provides one with the necessary knowledge and skills required to plan and manage financial strategies. An MBA program lays the theoretical foundationisn not just statistics and strategizing but also in marketing and leadership. Moreover, the mandatory summer and/or winter internships provide the chance to gain practical experience.
Who should pursue MBA in Finance?
Students with a commerce background or even those interested in finances should pursue this degree. MBA in Finance is the perfect program to pursue the ones who highly analytical and enjoy working with numbers and accounting.
Topics covered –
Financial Management requires implementation of financial theories, economics, and mathematical skills on a daily basis. Institutes and universities offering MBA in Finance cover the following extensively in their programs:
- Financial planning
- Banking & Financial Services
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Risk Management
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Investments & Strategies
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- International Trade and Finance
- Local and Global Economics
Career Opportunities –
An MBA in Finance from any institute opens up employment opportunities in various sectors. Graduates can opt for careers in financial planning and advisory, corporate sales, trading and analysis, asset and risk management, taxation, and personal finance among other things. Years of experience in Finance can also lead to opportunities in international finance. After accumulating sufficient experience, finance managers can explore the options of working with the government for policy making. Managers can also provide consultancy services to government and other organizations.
Jobs after MBA in Finance –
- Accounting Manager
- Chief Financial Officers
- Cash Managers
- Credit Managers & Specialists
- Financial Analyst
- Corporate Controllers
- Finance Officers & Treasurers
- Insurance & Risk Managers
- Treasurers and Finance Officers
- Management Consultants
- Investment Bankers
- Investment Banking Associates
- Investment Sales Associates and Traders
Pay Package –
Owing to the high demand for finance managers, candidates with MBA in Finance get better packages as opposed to other MBAs. The pay package an MBA graduate receives partially depends on the business school they graduate from. Another factor considered for the package is the specialization which the graduates opt for in their second year. The career path or job role for MBA students more or less depends upon the specialization they choose.
- Financial Advisor: Financial Advisors in India are expected to earn Rs. 3.5 lakhs or more at entry level. The salary increases significantly with experience.
- Equity Analyst: The starting salary for an Equity Analyst is approximately Rs. 3.5 lakhs. Again, increment depends upon experience.
- Financial Planners: Financial Planners and advisors help clients to manage their investments. The expected package begins at Rs. 3.5 lakhs at entry level. Future compensation depends on the results of recommendations made.
- Investment Bankers: Investment Banking is one of the highest paid job in finance. The entry level package starts at Rs. 8 lakhs per year in India.
- Bankers: Bankers play the role of relationship managers in banks, helping customers with their banking needs. The annual salary of a banker at a beginner level is Rs. 4 lakhs.
- Finance Managers: Finance Managers’ primary responsibility involves working with working capital, cash and inventory. Another high paying job, the starting salary for Finance Managers in India is roughly Rs. 9.5 lakhs.
Although demanding, the work for finance professionals is rewarding if they’re truly passionate. People who already have some work experience can opt for the Executive MBA program offered by GNIMS for growth and better career opportunities.